Neer Garh Waterfall Rishikesh , Uttarakhand
Neer Garh Waterfall Rishikesh
Neer Garh Waterfall Rishikesh is a popular tourist attraction located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is situated at a distance of around 5 km from Laxman Jhula, one of the popular landmarks of Rishikesh. The waterfall is nestled amidst the lush green forests of the Rajaji National Park and cascades down from a height of around 25 feet.
The trek to the Neer Garh Waterfall Rishikesh is a short and easy one, which takes around 20-30 minutes to complete. The trek route is well-marked, and you can enjoy the scenic beauty of the forest and the sound of the gurgling stream that flows alongside.
Once you reach the waterfall, you can take a refreshing dip in the cool water or simply relax and soak in the natural beauty of the surroundings. There are also a few small shops and food stalls near the waterfall, where you can buy snacks and refreshments.
Overall, the Neer Garh Waterfall is a must-visit attraction for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts visiting Rishikesh. The best time to visit the waterfall is during the monsoon season when the water flow is at its peak, and the surroundings are lush green and vibrant.
Also read : NeelKanth Mahadev Temple In Rishikesh
How To Reach Neer Garh Waterfall Rishikesh
This is a place which is in Rishikesh, located 20 kilometers away from Haridwar. Haridwar is one of the most religious places, therefore, I am giving information about the arrival of Neer garh waterfall from Haridwar. There are many auto and buses going to Haridwar for transport, which will leave you in Rishikesh. Haridwar takes about 45 to 50 minutes by auto or bus. If you are coming by train, the distance of Neer garh waterfall from Rishikesh Railway station is 13 to 14 kilometers.
Neer Garh Waterfall Rishikesh is located around 5 km from Laxman Jhula in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. Here are the ways to reach Neer Garh Waterfall:
- By Trek: The most popular way to reach Neer Garh Waterfall is by trekking. You can take a short trek of around 20-30 minutes from the parking area near the waterfall. The trek route is well-marked, and you can enjoy the scenic beauty of the forest and the sound of the gurgling stream that flows alongside.
- By Car or Taxi: You can hire a car or taxi from Rishikesh or Dehradun to reach Neer Garh Waterfall. The waterfall is around 12 km from Rishikesh and takes around 30 minutes to reach by car.
- By Public Transport: You can take a bus or shared taxi from Rishikesh bus stand to reach Neer Garh Waterfall. The buses and taxis are available throughout the day, and the fare is affordable.
- By Two-wheeler: You can also rent a two-wheeler like a bike or scooter and ride to Neer Garh Waterfall. The road leading to the waterfall is in good condition, and you can enjoy the scenic views of the surrounding hills and forests on the way.
|Neer Garh Waterfall Rishikesh|
|Distance from Railway Station||10 Kilometers (Approx)|
|Distance from Bus Station||13 Kilometers (Approx)|
|Nearest Airport||Jolly Grant at 35 Kilometers|
|Nearby Famous Location||Lakshman Jhulla|
Laxman Jhulla is a historic bridge, which goes 5 kilometers ahead of the road leading upwards to reach this waterfall.
Tickets for Neer Garh waterfalls are obtained from below, which is approximately 30 Indian Rupees. Then there is a way to the top and the track which was not earlier for vehicles, but now all kinds of vehicles can go for the Neer Garh Waterfall.
I will suggest you to bring your vehicle or book a transport from Rishikesh, which is a trek which does not have any auto or bus to go for 3 kilometers.
Check out Hotels and Stay Deals in the Haridwar City
Check out Hotels and Stay Deals in the Rishikesh City
A lot of tea stall or maggie points will be found when you reach the Neer Garh Waterfall. Maggie Point is in very good places, like the water near the waterfall is served in the Tables Chair in the middle of the water.
Detail Description of Waterfall
As soon as you enter, you will find a whole place filled with water, where the water comes from the top of the mountain and flows down as waterfall. 3 is the phase of this waterfall :
- Waterfall comes on the one which is the lowest, and all the people take bath from that beautiful nature.
- which is going upstairs which will have to climb up
- The sight of the top and the water flowing from above seem very enjoyable.
Open / Close Timing of Neer Garh Waterfall नीर गढ़ झरना के खुलने/बंद होने का समय
Daily : 8 Am to 6 PM
दैनिक: सुबह 8 बजे से शाम 6 बजे तक
Best time To Visit
The best time to visit the Neer Garh Waterfall in Rishikesh is from March to October, which is the summer season. During this time, the weather is pleasant, and the temperature remains between 25°C to 35°C, making it ideal for outdoor activities like trekking to the waterfall. The monsoon season from June to September should be avoided, as heavy rainfall may cause the water levels to rise and make the trek difficult and unsafe. The winter season from October to February can also be cold, with temperatures ranging from 10°C to 20°C. However, if you visit early in the morning or late in the afternoon, you can enjoy the waterfall and the surrounding nature without any discomfort.
Also read : Gaumukh Tapovan Trek Uttarakhand 2023
Gear Used For Photography & Accessories
Neer Garh waterfall, which is made of bath at the top, has a staircase above it, which leads to a village, the name of Neer garh has been named in the name of the same Village. Find out the local people who take the Maggie stall or tea stall to get the right information about this.
Things to carry for Neer Garh Waterfall trekking
If you are planning to go trekking to Neer Garh Waterfall Rishikesh, it is important to carry the following things to ensure a safe and comfortable trek:
- Good quality trekking shoes with ankle support to prevent injuries.
- Comfortable and breathable clothes that are suitable for trekking, such as t-shirts, shorts or pants, and a light jacket.
- Sunscreen lotion and sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from the sun’s harmful UV rays
- Adequate water supply and hydration system such as a water bottle or a hydration pack.
- Snacks and energy bars to keep you fueled throughout the trek.
- A small backpack to carry your essentials and trekking gear.
- First aid kit containing basic medication, bandages, and antiseptic solution.
- A flashlight or headlamp with extra batteries.
- Insect repellent to keep mosquitoes and other insects away.
- Personal toiletries like wet wipes, tissue paper, hand sanitizer, etc.
Weather In Rishikesh
The temperature in Rishikesh, India varies throughout the year, depending on the season.
Summer (April-June): The temperature during the summer months ranges from 20°C to 40°C, with May being the hottest month.
Monsoon (July-September): During the monsoon season, temperatures are usually lower and the area receives heavy rainfall.
Winter (October-March): The temperature during the winter months ranges from 5°C to 20°C, with January being the coldest month.
It is important to check the weather conditions before traveling to Rishikesh, as the temperature can affect your travel plans and activities.
Also read : Har Ki Dun Trek Uttarakhand 2023
Stay In Rishikesh
Rishikesh offers a wide range of accommodation options to suit all budgets and preferences. Here are some popular choices for stay in Rishikesh:
- Ashrams: Rishikesh is known for its ashrams, which provide simple and affordable accommodation. Many ashrams offer yoga and meditation classes and provide a spiritual and serene atmosphere for guests. Some of the popular ashrams in Rishikesh include Parmarth Niketan, Sivananda Ashram, and Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama.
- Guesthouses and home stays: There are many guesthouses and homestays located in and around Rishikesh that offer comfortable accommodation at reasonable rates. These options provide a great way to experience local hospitality and culture.
- Budget hotels: There are many budget hotels in Rishikesh that offer basic accommodation facilities such as clean rooms, hot water, and Wi-Fi. These options are usually priced affordably and are a great option for budget travellers.
- Resorts and luxury hotels: Rishikesh also has many luxury resorts and hotels that provide a higher level of comfort and amenities. These options are usually more expensive but offer a luxurious and relaxing experience.
Itinerary For Neer Garh Waterfall Rishikesh
Here’s a sample itinerary for visiting the Neer Garh Waterfall in Rishikesh:
- Arrive in Rishikesh early in the morning and check into your hotel or accommodation
- Have breakfast at a local cafe or restaurant and then head to the waterfall
- Trek to the Neer Garh Waterfall, which takes about 30-45 minutes from the parking area
- Spend some time at the waterfall, take a dip in the refreshing water, and enjoy the natural beauty of the surroundings
- Have lunch at one of the nearby cafes or restaurants
- After lunch, explore the local markets and shops in Rishikesh
- In the evening, attend the Ganga Aarti ceremony at the Parmarth Niketan Ashram or Triveni Ghat
- Have dinner at a local restaurant and retire for the night
- Wake up early in the morning and go for a yoga or meditation session at one of the ashrams in Rishikesh
- Have breakfast at a local cafe or restaurant
- Visit some of the other popular attractions in Rishikesh like the Beatles Ashram, Ram Jhula, and Laxman Jhula
- Have lunch at a local restaurant or cafe
- In the evening, take a boat ride on the Ganges river and enjoy the sunset
- Have dinner at a local restaurant and retire for the night
- Wake up early and go for a sunrise hike to one of the nearby hills or temples like the Kunjapuri Temple or the Phool Chatti Ashram
- Have breakfast at a local cafe or restaurant
- Check out of your hotel or accommodation and depart from Rishikesh
Note: This is just a sample itinerary, and you can customize it according to your preferences and time availability.
Nearby Places to visit in Rishikesh
- Lakshman Jhulla
- Ram Jhulla
- Triveni Ghat
- Ganga Aarti
- Parmarth Niketan Aashram
- The Beatles Aashram
- River Rafting
- Neergarh Waterfall
- Camping : Stay in Tent
- Gita bhawan Aashram
- Bungee Jumping and Adventure sports
- Ganga Beach
- Thriteen Story Temple
- Patna waterfall Rishikesh
- Phool Chatti waterfall Rishikesh
- Garud Chatti waterfall Rishikesh
· By road: One can hire a taxi or take a private car from Rishikesh to reach the waterfall. The nearest road access point is about 1.5 km from the waterfall and from there one has to trek to reach the waterfall.
· By trek: One can also trek to Neer Garh Waterfall from Rishikesh. The trek starts from the village of Vashisht, which is located near Laxman Jhula. The trek is of moderate difficulty and takes around 30-40 minutes to complete.
· By local transport: One can also take a shared auto-rickshaw or bus from Rishikesh to reach the nearest road access point to Neer Garh Waterfall. From there, one has to trek to reach the waterfall.
The distance between Laxman Jhula and Neer Garh Waterfall is approximately 6 km. The waterfall is located in the outskirts of Rishikesh and can be reached by a short trek of about 1.5 km from the nearest road access point. It takes around 20-30 minutes by car or taxi from Laxman Jhula to reach the starting point of the trek to Neer Garh Waterfall.
The cost of waterfall trekking in Rishikesh can vary depending on the specific waterfall and the trekking route chosen. Some waterfalls may not require a guide or a permit, while others may require both. The cost of a guide can vary from a few hundred rupees to a few thousand rupees, depending on the duration and difficulty of the trek. The permit fees for some waterfalls may also vary depending on the location and whether it is a protected area or not.
It is always recommended to do some research beforehand and check with local tour operators or guides to get an idea of the cost and requirements for waterfall trekking in Rishikesh.
There are several waterfalls in and around Rishikesh, but the most famous ones are:
· Neer Garh Waterfall
· Patna Waterfall
· Garud Chatti Waterfall
· Phool Chatti Waterfall
· Kempty Waterfall (located about 45 km from Rishikesh)
Apart from these, there are several other smaller waterfalls and streams that can be found in the mountains surrounding Rishikesh.
The two largest waterfalls in India are:
· Jog Falls: Located in Shimoga district of Karnataka, Jog Falls has a total height of 253 meters (830 feet) and is the largest waterfall in India in terms of volume of water flow.
· Kunchikal Falls: Located in Shimoga district of Karnataka, Kunchikal Falls has a total height of 455 meters (1493 feet) and is the largest waterfall in India in terms of height.
The two highest waterfalls in India are:
· Kunchikal Falls: Located in Shimoga district of Karnataka, Kunchikal Falls has a total height of 455 meters (1493 feet) and is the highest waterfall in India.
· Nohkalikai Falls: Located in Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, Nohkalikai Falls has a height of 340 meters (1115 feet) and is the second-highest waterfall in India.
Welcome all to Uttarakhand, come here and see beautiful and fascinating scenes here, you will surely like the culture here.
उत्तराखंड में आप सभी का स्वागत है, यहां आएं और यहां के खूबसूरत और मनमोहक नजारे देखें, यहां की संस्कृति आपको जरूर पसंद आएगी।
If you enjoyed reading my blog or got some information, follow me so that we can connect with you all.
For More Pictures Of this place or any place which we have blog you can direct message me on Instagram .
To all of you, I would like to take a special note that all the information in all these articles is a mixture of internet social media and my own experience while photographing. Because the more you read about something, the more you will keep getting information.
These information will increase your interest about nature, try to understand the stories behind them through its beauty and photos and increase your knowledge as much as possible.
So how did you like the information, will definitely tell us about it, thank you.
Buy images for your own personal work without any copyright you can download from our shop at low price :
Visit our website: https://photosticenthusiast.com
Thank you so much for reading this article . If you enjoyed this article share with us for giving your feedback and beautiful comments .
Connect with us
- Mauritius Travel Guide: Visit, Stay, and Tour Packages
- Singapore Travel Planning: Your All-in-One Guide
- Exploring Maldives Marine Life: Visit and Tour Packages
- Indonesia Bali Travel Guide: Visit, Stay, and Tour Packages
- Best places to visit in India in 2023
- Explore the best Kerala Travel Guide
- Goa Tourism Places Beaches, Food, Culture